Alice is Dead - Ep 2 Alice is Dead - Ep 2

Oh what a luverly bunch of magic nuts you guys are

Wishing y'all a good reception. While the potentially problematic length is about the same as the first, theme, attention to detail, and interesting game play ideas are as present here as they were in the first. Glad to see new talent on board, and I hope everyone has the stomach for a concluding episode, maybe something a bit more robust. But that's nitpicking. Better to have a great short game than a mediocre one that overstays its welcome.
Now I'm gonna take all your fuckin' medals HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THAT?

ImpendingRiot responds:

Thank you for that GRAND ROMANTIC GESTURE. Haha, thanks man. You've been a true asset and help along this ride. <3

Cat with Bow Golf 2 Cat with Bow Golf 2

More cons than pros

Above all, did you have permission to use the original code like that? You only have yourself listed in the programming credits, but this is the original engine. Awfully brazen of you to throw around vague threats of lawsuits under shaky circumstances like that.
Unfortunately, I don't have much to say on a positive note. You lifted a good idea and filled it with terrible level design, shoddy attention to detail (look into 'embed fonts'), and a questionable foundation. That is, if you had permission from the original author, you should make it clear now. Even if you did rewrite it from scratch, the gameplay is lifted verbatim, and you've deemed it a direct sequel.

Charak responds:

No, i did not take the original Engine, only reason i deem it a sequel, is cause i liked the original and it DESERVED a Sequel

Ching Chong Beautiful Ching Chong Beautiful

FIRE IN THE DISCO

FIRE IN THE
MICHAEL'S PANTS

TCT RPG TCT RPG

It's good, but the formulas need work

I always appreciate it any time someone actually goes to the work of creating a feature length RPG in Flash. But when you put that much work in, you really have to be careful about the details that could make or break your game. The frequent save points were a good idea, art was decent, gameplay had enough variety. A couple of things hurt it though. Above all, some of the balance curves. The difficulty from one area to the next didn't make for a graceful transition. When you finished one area, you'd be handing the enemies asses to them upside down, then in the next, you'd squander all your items in ten minutes. Naturally, the solution to this is grinding. However, each area only had about three different kinds of enemies, so grinding got suuuper tedious. Also, whenever you picked up a new character, they would be absolutely useless for the next area or two. More of a liability than a help.
But these are just the points of improvement on what I must consider to be a highly respectable piece of work, and not a ripoff of Earthbound, as some seem to say.

Twin Shot 2: Good &amp;amp; Evil Twin Shot 2: Good & Evil

Hooray, more Nitrome!

I always enjoy Nitrome games, and while this wasn't among my favorites, it was still a strong addition to your site. I have a few reasons why I can't give it a ten though. There were some gameplay elements that would have been good on their own, but just suffered when combined together.
The most prominent combination is the slow response combined with the looped scrolling. The game had you jumping into the unknown a lot of the time, which could be a fun and intense mechanic, if only you had any chance of reacting to your new surroundings in time. Unfortunately both jumping and firing have a very noticeable delay.
This reached a critical breaking point on stage 46. While I was so close to the end, I just couldn't deal with the tedium of having to jump into those two side pockets with an incredibly tiny window of opportunity mixed with already having your own momentum pushing you towards the enemies, lovingly sprinkled with the amount of time it takes you to then jump up to the next tier and fire before one of them hurts you. I realize it was nearly the final level and therefore justified in being hard, but there's difficulty wherein you saw what you did wrong and could improve, and then there's difficulty wherein it feels like the game mechanics are working against your odds.
Lastly, I can't give a perfect score to a game that does not offer its full range of content in this venue. I really do appreciate that you took the moral high ground and gave us a good full half of the game though. I know it's hard making money on these things without pissing people off.
I know I've spent this review offering almost only criticisms, but that's not meant to be taken negatively. It's just me speaking developer to developer, offering the words I think would genuinely help. The graphics are great, lots of variety, and it seems absolutely bug-free. But then you already know all that. Just thought I'd chime in with some points of improvement. Keep up the good work.

This Game is a Joke This Game is a Joke

I don't like to leave negative reviews

But this is shitty, even for a joke. You stuck some asian titties in a weakly programmed sandbox. I see what you were trying to do, as we were greeted with "THIS IS A JOKE YOU GUISEZ" pretty much anytime you had the opportunity to speak, but the execution lacked any creativity whatsoever. I'm not sure if you're familiar with "You Have to Burn the Rope", but it's a great example of a self-parodying submission done right.
That said, you've got the start of a platforming engine here, so maybe run with that and make an actual game. Knock off that lazy click interaction crap though, anyone and their dog can make buttons in Flash.

TheMillz responds:

Lol, you say you don't like to leave negative reviews, yet your name is "NegativeONE". Lol, can you say " This username is a joke"? :P

Androkids Androkids

Entertaining, as kids' games go

Pretty well put together game here. I've thought about making a game in that drawn-on-paper kinda style, and it was pulled off well in this case. The jump didn't work in this build, though perhaps your game is in admin-approval limbo at the moment. Either way, I don't think a jump was necessary. Not being able to jump provided the only serious challenge of the game. Using clever navigation of the springs and ladders to evade the AI was decently entertaining. That said,the AI was largely perfect for its purposes, but there were a couple of places where it would get stuck in a two-block area housing one of the tokens, so you really had no choice but to get hurt. Course this is rare, so you'd probably never die from it, but still a slight bother. Two more bits of constructive crit and then I'll shu'up. The bomb aspect was really underused. I actually forgot it existed for a span of about 15 levels until it was necessary again in level 22. Also, the level repetition was kinda weak. The game was plenty long with the number of unique levels it had, so the repetition seemed pretty unnecessary. Could have just added those levels as a 'mode B' or something.
Anyhow, all of those are just suggestions on how this could be better. It's already a great little game and I stuck through it happily till the levels began to repeat.

BR's Reelin' Roundup BR's Reelin' Roundup

I liked that one.

Your magnum opus games tend to far outclass your minigames, but I liked that one for what it was. The graphics were pretty as hell, particularly the water. The concept was enjoyable and intuitive, once I realized I was cranking the reel the wrong way. Only reason I gave it an average score was because it was, after all, a minigame, and I'm a sucker for the full shebang.

You Have To Burn The Rope You Have To Burn The Rope

Haha, oh man

I feel absurd giving such a short game such a good rating, but it was a perfectly executed joke - clever, at that - with a Hell of a catchy song. I guess the people saying that it should be longer don't quite get it :P

Magic Pen Magic Pen

A million times yes

I haven't favorited a game in as long as I can remember. I don't even like physics very much. But all the reactions were so convincing, and the puzzles were really creative, with no single way about any of them (besides the really simple ones). I'm gonna be late for work tomorrow cos of this ><